Diving Fatalities Workshop, April 2010
Divers interested in learning more about the causes of dive fatalities and how to prevent them are encouraged to take advantage of a special offer and register now for the DAN® Diving Fatalities Workshop April 8-10, 2010.
Attendees who register and submit payment by Jan.15, 2010, will receive a discounted rate of $335. Registration will be offered as long as spots remain available, but the cost will go up to US$395 as of Jan. 16, 2010.
Hosted by the DAN Research department, the two-and-a-half day program will be held near the DAN headquarters in Durham, N.C., USA; the workshop will feature an international panel of experts discussing topics intended to offer insights to industry professionals.
Topics currently slated for discussion during the workshop include:
- factors most commonly associated with diving deaths in America, Europe, Germany, Britain and Australia
- cardiovascular fitness, evaluation and risk factors
- training and cardiovascular fitness
- the role of training in reducing diving fatalities
- on-scene investigation, equipment testing, medical examiner activities and legal issues in North America and Europe.
Registration includes access to all five workshops, lunch all three days and the social event on Friday night. Registration can be completed online or by calling DAN Research at +1 (919) 684-2948 x.260.