Oris ProDiver 51mm Chronograph Diver Watch Review
At this year’s Baselworld, the Oris ProDiver Chronograph was debuted — the most expensive luxury watch by Oris. This nice looking professional diving timepiece was developed with the innovative Rotation Safety System. The safety system requires the unidirectional bezel to be lifted before it can be turned.
The rotating bezel has a very easy to hold profile, durable, shock-resistant, vulcanized rubber to further increase its underwater usability. The lightweight titanium case with black DLC coated edge reinforcement to protect the crown and chronograph pushers. These can be screwed into the housing and make the ProDivers even in 1000m depth guaranteed waterproof.
The large ProDiver chronograph from Oris has a multi-piece titanium case that measures 51mm. It has a sapphire crystal with double AR-coating. It is water resistant to 1,000 meters and features a helium relief valve. The Movement is the automatic ETA caliber Valjoux 7750 with 25 jewels, beating at 28,800 bph and with a power reserve of 42 hours.
And for those people who will actually use this for deep-sea diving, a self-regulating helium valve is included. This watch will surely be popular among divers. And at a retail of $3,700, it is more affordable than most professional dive watches. Although considering the enormous size of this timepiece, I wouldn’t be surprised to see most people wearing the Oris ProDiver out of the water rather than in it.
Features of the Oris ProDiver include:
- 51.0 mm case diameter
- Automatic mechanical movement with chronograph function. Centralized hour and minute displays, small second at 9 o’clock. Centralized second counter, decentralized minute and hour counters. Date at 6 o’clock.
- Multi-piece titanium case. Screwed case back with special meters-feet scale engravings. Sapphire glass domed on both sides with inner anti-reflective coating.
- Unidirectional rotating rubber, steel and ceramic bezel protected by “Rotation Safety System”
- Automatic helium valve
- Black two piece dial with printed wave pattern. Applied indices with super-luminova inlay. Nickel hands with super-luminova inlay.
- Stainless steel screw down crown and pushers with side protection system
- Extendable rubber strap with folding safety clasp. Also available with extendable multi-piece titanium bracelet.
- Water resistant to 1000 meters
- Set includes case, separate metal bracelet and tools
- 42 hour power reserve