Padi / Dsat Tec : Technical Diving Koh Tao
This is an automated news update. It was written on the 23rd of October as we are away at sea wreck diving returning on the 27th.
New website and new Tech Features!
Tec Deep Diver
The DSAT Tec Deep Diver Course
The DSAT Tec Deep Diver course takes you past recreational diving and immerses you in the world of technical diving.
What You Learn
You learn about and understand the hazards and risks involved in technical diving, as well as how to prepare for and handle reasonable foreseeable technical diving emergencies.
You also learn how to plan, conduct and manage
- Gas-switch extended no-decompression dives
- Decompression dives
- Accelerated decompression dives using air and enriched air to a depth of 50 metres /165 feet.
Get College Credit
You may be able to earn college credit for the DSAT Tec Deep Diver course.
The Scuba Gear You Use
You use technical scuba diving equipment
The Learning Materials You Need
When you’re ready to go where few divers have gone before: begin by calling your Tec Instructor and thoroughly reviewing the Tec Deep course materials. The Tec Deep Diver crewpak will introduce you to Tec Diving lingo, emergency procedures, decompression and stage cylinder handling, and gas planning. The crewpak includes a manual, dive planning checklist and dive planning slate. The optional Equipment Set-up and Key Skills video on DVD is a great tool to help you practice at home in between your tec diving adventures.
To purchase this product, contact your local PADI Instructor, dive shop or resort.
- Be a PADI Advanced Open Water Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Rescue Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Enriched Air Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Be a PADI Deep Diver (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Have a minimum of 100 logged dives, of which
· 20 dives must be enriched air dives
· 25 dives must be deeper than 18 metres/60 feet
· at least 15 dives must be deeper than 30 metres/100 feet
- Be at least 18 years old